Last Updated: September 1, 2023
- Through the Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Company in connection with the Site.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
We and our service providers collect certain personal data from you when you use the Site.
Some of the personal data collected on the Site is information that you may voluntarily provide. For example, if you wish to purchase a Foodie Card for yourself, you will need to provide your name and mailing address, email address, phone number and payment card information.
In certain cases, you may elect to provide the names and contact information of other individuals, or your personal data may have been provided to us by others. For example, if you wish to purchase Foodie Cards for others, you will also need to provide those other individuals’ names and postal mailing and email addresses; and if someone purchases a Foodie Card on your behalf, they will likewise need to provide your personal data for such purpose. If you are a restaurant that has engaged us to provide marketing services, you may elect to provide us with the names, mobile phone numbers or other contact information of customers to enable you to use our services to facilitate sending marketing communications to such persons. Likewise, if you are a customer of such a restaurant, we may receive personal data pertaining to you from a restaurant for which we are providing such marketing services. Anyone who provides us with personal data for third parties represents that such third parties have opted in to receive the applicable services or marketing communications, and we will honor any opt out requests that we receive from recipients of marketing communications, as described below.
To participate in our optional rewards program, you may elect to provide images of receipts documenting your purchases. When you submit dining receipts to earn rewards, we collect the amount of your spending and savings, the restaurant name, the date and time of your visit, and the items ordered to facilitate reporting for you to review within your dashboard.
Cookies and Automatic Data Collection
Some personal data is collected automatically on the Site, through cookies, server logs, third party tracking solutions and other technologies. Additional information on technologies we and our service providers may use to collect personal data is set forth below:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Online Analytics and Targeted Advertising. We collect the visitor's domain name/IP Address referral data (e.g., we record the address of the last URL a user visited prior to clicking through to the Site), and browser/platform type. In addition to collecting this type of information, the Site’s advertisement delivery system collects aggregate search terms for internal reporting and targeted advertising. The Site’s advertisement delivery system collects visitor information for purposes of product monitoring, product improvement, and targeted advertising. We work with third parties that serve ads for this site. We also count, track, and aggregate the visitor's activity into our analysis of general traffic flows at the Site (e.g., tracking where traffic comes from and how traffic flows within the Site). We may merge this information into group data, which may then be shared on an aggregated basis with potential advertisers, research firms, and business partners. We will not disclose your individual identity or personal data.
- Mobile Applications. Depending on your permissions setting on your device, we may receive your personal data from your internet service and mobile device providers. Users of mobile devices who do not want to receive interest-based advertising may opt out in several ways, as described below.
- Location Data within Mobile Applications. This feature can be turned off or on at any time by enabling or disabling location services for the mobile app. If location data is enabled, the app will collect the user’s location while the app is open or within the background. The user’s location is used to notify and display nearby restaurants to the user.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Data
We provide you with choices and control regarding your personal data, as described below:
- Flash Cookies. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe's website.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by using the links provided at the bottom of these communications or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
Targeted Advertising. You can learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising by visiting
(i) the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link
or (ii) the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link.
To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page.
- Please note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive advertisements from us. However, in that case, the advertising will not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links or whether any particular company chooses to participate in these opt-out programs.
- If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mobile Applications. Learn more about your choices for mobile devices by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. Each operating system, (iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices, and Windows for Microsoft devices) provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You should view your device or system “Settings” to determine how you can opt out of use of your device ID for “cross-app” personalized advertising.
Disclosure of Personal data
We may disclose aggregated information about our Users, which does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal data:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To a buyer or other successor of the Company in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you. For more information, see the section titled “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal data.”
- With analytics and search engine providers, such as Google Analytics, that use such information to help improve and optimize the Site (to learn more about Google Analytics and how Google collects and processes data, see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners).
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the personal data.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal data:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
By submitting your email address to us when placing an order, creating an account or otherwise using the Site, you affirm that you agree to receive marketing communications by email from us or our business partners. You may opt out of receiving such marketing communications at any time using the links provided at the bottom of our marketing emails. We will continue to send you transactional correspondence such as expiration and renewal notices, as well as any communications regarding financial transactions even if you unsubscribe from our marketing emails.
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard personal data. For example, any information regarding your order is always sent in encrypted format to protect against accidental disclosure and your credit card information is encrypted on our service provider’s servers. However, no online activity is ever fully secure or error-free. While we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee that your personal data is absolutely secure. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal data to us.
Please recognize that protecting your personal data is also your responsibility. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet, or when you communicate with us and with others through the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you believe that the security of your account might have been compromised), or if you suspect someone else is using your account, please let us know immediately by emailing us at email@example.com.
Updating Personal data
You may update or correct any personal data that you have supplied to us. You can make the changes by emailing your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 is permitted to provide any personal data to the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site or through any of its features, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site, or provide any personal data about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any personal data from or about a child under 13, please contact our Privacy Department by emailing us at email@example.com.
Notifications of Changes